Experienced Excavator Operators
Experienced Excavator Operator
Spectrum Underground, Inc. is a well-established construction firm. We are looking for Experienced Excavator Operators.
- Must have transportation to and from the job site.
- Must reside in the immediate Sarasota/ Bradenton area.
- Must have knowledge of earthwork, road and highway construction.
- Experience in water, sewer and storm drainage installations.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Comply with industry standard safety regulations.
- Ability to communicate with foreman and crew.
- Pass pre-employment screenings including drug screen and I-9 verification.
This is an hourly position with paid overtime after 40 hours per week. Starting pay is dependent on how well the candidates experience correlates with duties required.
Spectrum Underground offers a great benefits package after 90 days of employment including: Health Insurance Dental Insurance Vision Insurance Company Paid Basic Life Insurance Company Paid Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefit 6 Major Paid Holidays 1 Week Accrued Paid Vacation We also offer a 401K Plan after 1 year of employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
You may apply in person at 3900 North Orange Ave, Sarasota, FL 34234 or click here to apply online.
Job Type: Full-time Pay: $18.00 - $22.00 per hour
COVID-19 considerations: When applying, we require you to wear a mask and submit to a temperature screen before entering the building. You will also need to bring your ID and Social Security Card.
Heavy Equipment Operator Job Description
Heavy equipment operators are trained personnel who drive, control and operate a set of equipment, such as bulldozers, scrapers, excavators, motor graders, etc. This equipment is used in building work, distribution of construction materials and in commercial and substantial disposal of waste materials.
The heavy equipment operator’s job description entails ensuring the movement and functioning of heavy machines in carrying out specific tasks. He/she will ensure that the machines work easily, quickly and accurately. In the performance of their duties, he/she will ensure that safety procedures are completely followed and never compromised. They are to consider the safety of other workers and members of the public to avoid injuries and other casualties that may arise. As experts in the field, they demonstrate their ability in the handling, operating and manipulating of equipment with confidence, zeal and authority. In order to ensure the successful operation of the equipment, the operator carries out inspection on the equipment daily to determine their condition and exercises preventative measures to avoid malfunctioning. He/she is to perform routine maintenance in the work environment by cleaning, lubricating and servicing equipment daily or as prescribed by the manufacturer. His/her role also entails supervising the delivery of raw materials needed for work by placing orders for out-of-stock materials and ensuing that they arrive safely. He/she is also responsible for arranging both raw materials and produced goods in an orderly manner with the use of moving vehicles and equipment to move them around. When not operating heavy equipment, he/she WILL BE expected to labor alongside the rest of the crew. This may include shoveling, digging, cleaning, sweeping or anything else assigned to them. As a good team member, the heavy equipment operator relates with co-workers in a cordial and professional manner to ensure smooth flow of information and instructions during work.
The following is a list of the key duties, tasks and responsibilities of the heavy equipment operator:
• Receive construction materials and deliver them to work sites.
• Identify faults in equipment and take measures to fix them.
• Carryout minimal repairs on machines when necessary.
• Adhere to safety regulations and report hazards to relevant authorities.
• Adhere to company work policies and conditions.
• Perform routine maintenance on equipment.
• Perform physical activities like kneeling, crawling, jumping and lifting amongst others.
• Pack dirt and other waste products from work environments to dumping area.
• Document information of equipment repairs and maintenance for record keeping.
• Inspect work environment before work begins to ensure that it is safe.
• Establish good working relationships on site.
The following is a list of skills, knowledge and abilities of a heavy equipment operator:
• Knowledge of equipment mechanism and working methods.
• Knowledge of traffic laws as related to heavy equipment.
• Knowledge of safety rules in operating equipment.
• Ability to pay attention to detail.